Our Commitment To Quality
Houston Ship Repair, Inc. is committed to providing services conforming to recognized and sound engineering practices and to all applicable codes, regulatory rules and standards.
- Houston Ship Repair is the Authorized Representative and Service Agent for JOWA, ODME and OWS equipment.
- Houston Ship Repair is a fully accredited member of EASA.
- HSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HSR Weather Center - Port of Houston
Work Completed: 2011
A swath vessel was abandoned in 1998 in an incomplete stage of construction by the original builders and owners. The hull with some of the machinery in place was purchased by her present owners who intend to convert the hull to a wind turbine maintenance vessel for offshore service.
The vessel was delivered to a protected lay berth facility arranged by HSR and the following scope of work was carried on the vessel:
- Recondition the four (4) main propulsion and service generator engine
- Overhaul the four (4) main alternators Read more...
Past Conversions and Modifications carried out by HSR include:
- Two (2) tankers converted to Offshore Petroleum Discharge Vessels for the US Navy on a complete turnkey basis.
- Design, fabrication, installation of additional deck houses and Nitrogen Generators on board four (4) chemical tankers.
- Repowering a semi-submersible drilling unit, removal of existing generator sets and installation of new units including all system piping, auxiliary machinery and cable installation on complete turnkey basis. Work carried out at in Mobile, AL. Read more...